Hey, beautiful soul! Thank you for choosing crystals by Sphaera Lucis.
Your crystals have been cleansed with sound and sage. They have also been charged with Reiki. They’re ready to work with you when you receive them. But if you would like to cleanse and charge your crystals when they get home to you, that’s great too!
I’ve included some information on how you could get started with your crystals below.
Why Is It Important to Cleanse and Charge Your Crystals?
Cleansing and charging crystals are ways of appreciating the journey they had to take to get home to you and the role they play in your life. Cleanse and charge them with love.
Additionally, crystals absorb all sorts of energy as you work with them or take them with you in your day-to-day. They need cleansing and recharging so they could continue to work with you and for you.
Cleansing Your Crystals
As your crystals become more in tune with your energy, you will become aware of when you need to cleanse and charge them. Also, consider cleansing them when you’ve experienced intense emotions such as anger, frustration, or anxiety. It’s also a good idea to cleanse them when you experience confrontations, arguments, and fights. Some people also cleanse their crystals when they’ve been in the hospital, a wake, or around negative people.
There are many ways to cleanse your crystals. Some of them are as follows:
1. Cleanse With Smoke
Cleansing with Sage is a popular way to cleanse your crystals. Apart from sage, you could also use Cedar, Rosemary, Lavender, and Palo Santo.
To cleanse with smoke:
- Open doors and/or windows before burning a Sage bundle or Palo Santo stick. This way, the smoke with unwanted energy has a way to get out of your space.
- Have a container to catch the ashes. Many people typically use an abalone shell to hold their Sage bundle and catch the ash. If you don’t have one, a designated ashtray or any heat-resistant container will do.
- Light up a candle and burn your Sage bundle. You can use a lighter to do this. But I prefer lighting a candle for burning a Sage bundle as I also like to say a short prayer before I start cleansing my crystals.
- For tumbles or small crystals, you can place them in an organza pouch or something similar. Hover the pouch over your sage bundle, allowing the smoke to get through the pouch and embrace your crystals. For bigger crystals, you can hold your sage bundle and move it around the crystal, letting the smoke gently surround the crystals.
2. Cleanse With Running Water
- Place your crystal/s under running water and as water washes over your crystals, imagine all unwanted energy dissolving away.
- Please note that not all crystals can be cleansed with water. Consider using a different cleansing technique for the following crystals:
- Hematite and Pyrite — They contain iron in them, which could lead to rust when they get in contact with water
- Malachite — It could be toxic
- As a rule of thumb, most crystals that end with “-ite” shouldn’t be cleansed with water.
3. Cleanse with Sound
Cleansing your crystals with the use of a singing bowl is also a popular choice. You can use either a Tibetan singing bowl or a crystal singing bowl.
- Place your singing bowl on a flat surface. Make sure that it is steady and secure.
- Position your crystals near and around the singing bowl.
- Using the wand or stick, gently strike the singing bowl on the side to make it ring.
- Position the side of the stick or wand firmly but gently on the side of the bowl and move it around to keep it ringing.
- Do this for a few rounds or until you feel that you’ve cleansed your crystals enough.
- Once you stop moving the stick around the side of the bowl, your singing bowl should continue to ring for a few more seconds.
- If you prefer to put your crystal/s inside the singing bowl, do so with caution as the crystals may scratch each other or break. Consider putting them in a pouch to protect them. Additionally, do not put too many crystals inside the bowl. Doing so could dull the sound and increase the risk of damaging your crystals.
Charging Your Crystals
Charging or energizing your crystals is important, especially when you’re using your crystals often or for energy healing work. Ideally, this is done after you’ve cleansed them.
Here are some options you may follow:
1. Charge with Other Crystals
Clear Quartz, Amethyst, Selenite, and Citrine help energize your crystals. If you have a slab, cluster, or geode of any of the previously mentioned crystals, simply put your other crystals on it overnight or for a few hours.
2. Charge with Light
Sunlight and moonlight are also great options for charging your crystals. Some prefer to charge their crystals under a full moon. But you can charge them under any lunar phase.
When charging under sunlight, keep in mind that some crystals may fade when exposed regularly and for extended periods under the sun. Some examples of these crystals are Amethyst, Celestite, Citrine, Fluorite, and Rose Quartz.
Setting Your Intentions
Once you’ve cleansed and charged your crystals, you’re ready to set your intentions. I recommend doing this in a state of prayer or meditation. Think of it as a ritual of manifesting your goals.
- If you have a sacred space, this is the best place to set your intention. You may light a candle as you do this.
- Take a few deep breaths to bring yourself to center.
- Hold your crystal/s with both hands and bring it/them to your heart.
- Close your eyes and whisper or say out loud your intention or affirmation.
- Take a few more deep breaths and open your eyes.
When setting your intention or affirmation, remember to phrase it in the present tense and positively — as if your intention has come true.
For example, if your intention is to get out of debt, don’t say “I am out of debt.” A better way of forming your intention would be to say “I am abundant, financially able, and have some to spare.”
There you have it! I hope these tips help you work with your crystals and forge a relationship with them that would help you achieve your highest good and manifest your goals.
Love and blessings to you always,